It is our comprehensive and intentional effort to create a culture that celebrates the outstanding commitment our employees have for our patients, our hospital, and for each other.
You Make #HABERSHAMSTRONG.
The DAISY Award
The DAISY Award is an international award that honors nurses for their extraordinary compassion and care to their patients and patient’s families every day. This individual strives daily to carry out HMC’s Mission and Vision.Please utilize the green “Click Here to Nominate a Nurse” button, located under the DAISY Award logo to nominate a nurse who made a difference in a patient and/or family by exemplifying HMC’s Mission and Vision. If you are comfortable doing so, please tell us about yourself, so that we can include you in the celebration if your nominated nurse is chosen.
The DAISY award winner will receive:
- A ceremony held in his/her unit
- A DAISY award pin, a certificate, and a hand-made sculpture known as “The Healer’s Touch.”
- In addition to this, each member of the unit will celebrate with cinnamon rolls in honor of Patrick Barnes. The Barnes family requests that when these nurses smell the cinnamon aroma, they think about how truly exceptional they are. (For more information about the Barnes Family and their story please click the DAISY logo.)
Thank you for taking the time submit your nominations. If you have any questions, please contact our DAISY Coordinator, Abbie Bailey at 706-754-3113 ext.1503.
The New Way Forward Innovation Award
The New Way Forward Innovation Award shines a bright light on individuals or small groups who implement new innovative ideas and techniques to improve our delivery of extraordinary care and services. An innovative staff member (or small group) shows outstanding creativity when confronted with challenges, issues, or a need or desire for improvement. One might approach their work in the following ways:
- Actively seeks ways to advance beyond the status quo
- Proactively identifies new, creative ways to improve upon process or patient delivery
- Implements change in a positive manner and strives to ensure its success
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate new ideas, for a fresh impact
- Approaches problem-solving with a solution orientation
*The criteria mentioned above is derived from Harvard Law School for “Excellence Innovation.”
Way Finder Award
The Way Finder award highlights a deeply committed employee who demonstrates a dedication to their work, which in turn contributes to the vibrancy of HMC. This award goes to an exemplary individual who goes above and beyond, exhibiting I-CARE Values.
- Integrity: Can be counted on to do the right thing, even when no one is watch.
- Compassion: Always shows kindness and empathy to others.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility of their actions, as well as holds others to this same expectation.
- Respect: Accepts people with politeness, honor, care, even amongst challenges and differences.
- Excellence: Consistently strives for the next level, “Finding a way to make it happen!”
I-CARE Leadership Award
The I-CARE Leadership Award honors one member of the I-CARE Leadership Team for demonstrating extraordinary leadership. A strong leader demonstrates unique ability to guide and inspire others, which in turn contributes to the effective and efficient functioning of HMC. The nominated employee may possess strong leadership in the following ways:
- Inspires and encourages personal and professional development in others
- Builds strong relationships that support a high level of trust and credibility
- Adapts readily to new situations and ideas
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with all departments within HMC
- Mentors and cultivates employees, creating a culture of respect and integrity
- Contributes to the success of an initiative that benefits those outside their own department
*The leadership criteria mentioned above is derived from Harvard Law School for Excellence in Leadership.”