Position: Staff Accountant
Education and/or Experience: Graduation from an accredited university with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting. A minimum of 3 years recent experience, Healthcare experience is preferred
General Description: Supports the organization’s financial accounting functions for the purpose of providing financial information for strategic and management decisions. Ensures that accounting services are provided at a high level of accuracy and timeliness. Must be able to remain flexible in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
Job Requirements: Must have advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, and an understanding of basic database principles. Must have a solid understanding of GAAP.
- Prepares reconciliations and narratives regarding activity.
- Ensures accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Prepares monthly sales tax returns.
- Maintains daily dashboard.
- Maintains Fixed Assets Additions/Disposals in FAS.
- Provides accurate/timely information to department heads; able to explain variances.
- Assists Accounting Manager with Annual Budget, Annual Audit, Cost Report, and various surveys.
- Assists Accounting Manager in preparation of monthly financial packets for various meetings, as well as departmental information.
- Adheres to industry standards concerning internal controls.
- Researches accounting-related topics and participates in continuing education.
- Manages workflow and prioritization of tasks.
- Participates in or leads special projects as assigned.
- Represents Habersham Medical Center’s I-CARE values- Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence.