Cardiovascular / Respiratory Therapy
Family Birth Center
Home Health - HCMC Home Care
Long-term Care - Habersham Home
PrimeCare Non-Emergency Clinic
Stroke Care and Support Group
Total Fitness Exercise Facility
|Every three minutes, someone in America dies of a stroke, and strokes are the third leading cause of death in the United States, behind heart disease and cancer.|
Habersham Medical Center is leading the way in stroke care. Nationally-certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, the Habersham Medical Center stroke care program has won numerous awards including an award from the American Heart Association, a patient quality and safety award from the Georgia Hospital Association and was mentioned in the July 2008 US News and World Report.
A free stroke support group is offered for stroke survivors and their family members.
For more information, call 706-754-0029.
Know the stroke warning signs:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body;
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding;
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes;
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination and/or
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.