Cardiovascular / Respiratory Therapy
Family Birth Center
Home Health - HCMC Home Care
Long-term Care - Habersham Home
PrimeCare Non-Emergency Clinic
Stroke Care and Support Group
Total Fitness Exercise Facility
Treating everything from lacerations and broken bones to life-threatening heart attacks and strokes, the modern 17,000 square foot Emergency Department at Habersham Medical Center was built to give patients a more comfortable patient experience, regardless of the medical need. The facility also provides physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals with the leading-edge equipment and space needed to coordinate skills and technology to maximize the treatment timeline. Features include five critical care or trauma rooms, 12 treatment rooms, bedside registration, a roof-top helipad, a parking garage and a decontamination room.
When life hangs in the balance, every second counts. Habersham EMS works diligently to keep emergency response times well under the national standard and has also elevated treatment options to provide the highest level of pre-hospital emergency assistance.
Habersham EMS was awarded the Georgia EMS of the Year in 2007 and was one of the driving forces in forming a partnership between Habersham EMS, Habersham Medical Center and Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s Ronnie Green Heart Center to speed up the treatment process of heart attack patients.
Through their efforts and with grant funding from Habersham Electric Membership Cooperation’s Operation Roundup®, Habersham County ambulances are equipped with digital data transmitting devices. This allows them to be electronically connected to the Habersham Medical Center Emergency Department and makes it possible for paramedics to transmit results of onboard EKG monitors to the Emergency Department physician for interpretation.
“By providing medications and twelve-lead EKG’s while transferring the patient directly to the Cath Lab, we are speeding up the treatment timeline, which is often referred to as ‘door to balloon time,’” says Jack Moody, Habersham EMS director. “From the time we get to the patient - to the time we arrive at the hospital, our team is in constant communication with the physicians. Our goal with this cardiac fast-track program is to decrease the time between the point a qualifying patient’s heart attack is identified until the point the cardiologist opens the artery.”
Working with Habersham Medical Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, Habersham EMS has also enhanced its stroke protocols and has implemented advanced stroke life support standards to advance the treatment of stroke patients while in route the hospital.
In addition to being certified as a paramedic and/or an EMT-I, additional credentials of the Habersham EMS staff include:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS)
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Procedures (NRP)
- Critical Care Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedics (CCEMT-P)
- High Angle Rescue – ropes training, rappelling, swift water rescue
- Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA)
- Registered Nurse (RN); Flight RN
- Core Disaster Life Support (CDLS)
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Advanced Stroke Life Support
- Wilderness Medic and National Incident Management System (NIMS)
|706-754-3113, ext. 2000|